March 20, 2009

New feature: related posts

I've been making some minor changes lately. One recent addition is a "related posts" widget, which is only visible when you click through to the page for an individual post (by clicking on that post's title). It suggests similar posts based on the keywords I assign them. If you usually only read the main page, try clicking through to see it.

A few weeks ago I also switched to in-line comments, so when you leave a comment it doesn't open a new window like it used to. The comments form is now immediately below the post.

(BTW, I got both of these idea from Wise Kwai's Thai Film Journal.)

Please leave a comment if you have any feedback to give. I also regularly play around with the sidebar, so let me know if there's anything you like (or dislike) about all that. And if you happen to be a design genius with a weakness for philanthropy, feel free to give me ideas. I keep the blog sparse because I've never really found a theme I like.

Thanks again for reading.

1 comment:

  1. I got the widget from Bangkok Pundit. A lot of my blog's infrastructure is copied from BP's. The actual coding from Scrapur is here. I can't remember, but I don't think I had to do much fiddling with it.

    ReplyDelete