March 21, 2009

Catcher in the Rye ฉบับภาษาไทย

This past Thursday, March 19, saw the launch of a new Thai translation of J.D. Salinger's best-known novel, The Catcher in the Rye. Translated by S.E.A.Write Award-winning author Prabda Yoon (ปราบดา หยุ่น), the new title is จะเป็นผู้คอยรับไว้ ไม่ให้ใครร่วงหล่น.

The new edition is published by Lighthouse Publishing (ไลต์เฮาส์พับลิชชิ่ง). The cover:


The Catcher in The Rye has twice previously been translated into Thai. Once in 1983 under the title ชั่วชีวิตของผม by "คำรวี-ใบเตย", published by สำนักพิมพ์ปิยะสาส์น, and again in 1988 under the title ทุ่งฝัน by "ศาสนิก", published by สำนักพิมพ์เรจีนา.


Covers of the 1983 and 1988 translations.


The launch was Thursday afternoon at the Siam Paragon branch of Kinokuniya. The Same Sky Books forum has photos from the event.



I plan to pick up a copy at the 37th National Book Fair next week.

[Hat tip to @Fringer, of fringer.org, who was an invited guest at the book launch.]

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this! I was wondering if there was a Thai version, I'm glad there is such a recent version. I have been to this store many times, so I know where it is. I wanted very much to get a copy for my tirak ;)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete