I've been tagged for an internet meme. A while ago, in fact, but I'm only now getting around to responding. I'm supposed to post eight "random" facts about myself. Scott Imig, whose blog Journey to Thai I've read and enjoyed for a while now, did the tagging.
So here are 8 facts about me:
1. I'm 24.
2. I'm married with a kid on the way.
3. I have a B.A. from Dartmouth College.
4. I've lived 3 of the past 5 years in Thailand.
5. Studying language is what I want to do for a living.
6. Thai is my language of expertise. I've been studying it since May 2002.
7. I'm mostly self-taught in Thai. I had a two-month crash course in Thai, before I ever set foot in Thailand.
8. I am fascinated by dictionaries and want to be the Noah Webster of Thailand. That is, I want my contribution to be a modern lexicographic work of significance. Looking back in ten, twenty, fifty years, I might chuckle at myself. With any luck, though, I'll smile with the satisfaction of completing what I set out (oh-so-naively) to do. Cue that song from the Muppet Movie, "life's like a movie, write your own ending..."
I'm going to decline to tag anyone else, because I don't like chain-letter-type things. But feel free to carry on the meme, if you please.