October 16, 2007

Bangkok at nightfall .. กรุงเทพฯ ยามรัตติกาล

Even a seemingly endless sea of concrete and glass has its charm. Here are a couple of beautiful pictures of Bangkok at night from Wikipedia. I have a soft spot for this particular vantage point. The skytrain stop visible here is Sala Daeng ศาลาแดง Chong Nonsi ช่องนนทรี. Before we were married, my wife used to work on the 48th floor of Empire Tower, the tall building on the left, and I used to regularly meet her around here after work. The view from the skytrain station ain't too shabby, either.

And here's Chinatown. Something about sunset shots. Beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. I think that station is Chong Nonsi, and the photographer is right over the intersection of Silom and Narathiwas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to correct you, but the station in the picture is Chong Nonsi... the station that the train just left (and not in the picture) is Sala Daeng :)

    Anyway, I have been enjoying your blog for some time. Even though I have not gotten very far in learning Thai Language, I enjoy reading your insights. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stand doubly corrected (which reminds me, I think I'll turn off moderation so comments get posted quicker). I'm actually not too familiar with this part of town, so it's been a while. Thanks for the comments. :)

    ReplyDelete